North Korea called on the United States on Tuesday to 'withdraw its hostile policies'. North Korea said this remark at a time when the historic summit between its leader Kim Jong-un and American President Donald Trump is being completed one year on Wednesday. The first meeting between the North Korean leader and the US President was held in Singapore on June 12 last year, where Kim and Trump had signed an ambiguous agreement to achieve 'complete disarmament'. But in February the second meeting in Vietnam was unexpectedly reached at no conclusion.
During this time, both the leaders did not agree on what steps North Korea had to take in relieving sanctions. According to the official news agency KCNA of North Korea, the joint statement of the historic importance of Singapore talks is now on the verge of being transformed into a dead document, as the United States is not ready to implement it.
It said that America's arrogant and unilateral policy will never work with North Korea. Last month, the tension in the area was born when North Korea fired a short-range missile for the first time since November 2017. According to South Korean Yonhap News Agency, South Korean President Moon Jie Inn, who played a key role in the meeting in Singapore a year earlier, had said on Monday that the talks for the third North Korea-US meeting are ongoing.