23 May, Thursday
It’s finally time for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users to get their hands on stable Android Pie. The community beta kicked off in April and the company is ready to roll out the official update now. The incremental roll-out of the update, that is, Oxygen OS 9.0.2 has been initiated already.
In addition to the long-awaited bump in the Android version, Oxygen OS 9.0.2 brings the April 2019 security patches. Also, along with the sweet new features in Do Not Disturb that lets users set a specific time range, the update introduces Gaming Mode 3.0 as well. The Phone application supports Google Duo and the Camera acquired support for Google Lens. Here is the full changelog:
- Updated system to Android 9 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.4
- Do Not Disturb mode
- You can now customize the time range in the new Do Not Disturb mode
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Supported displaying text content of the heads up notifications
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Dialer now supports Google Duo
- Supports Google Lens to provide you with powerful image recognition experience
- General bug fixes and improvements
The update should be notified to all OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T users within the period of a couple of days. Let us know what you think about the update if you’re up and running with it, and what your expectations are if you get to receive the update in the comments!