Nepal has suspended the license of the mountain resort where three Indian tourists, including four minors, died due to suffocation due to poor security and management-related deficiencies. This information has been given in the media reports.
Significantly, out of a group of 15 tourists from Kerala, eight tourists died of suffocation on January 21. He stayed at a hill resort in Makwanpur district where he fainted and died due to gas leaking from the heater in the room. According to the news of Kathmandu Post on Tuesday, The tourism department on Sunday imposed a three-month ban on Daman's Everest Panorama Resort based on the report of a committee set up to investigate the deaths of Indian tourists.
The department decided to close the resort as the report submitted by the inquiry committee indicated poor security and management-related flaws. The Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation constituted an inquiry committee under the leadership of Surendra Thapa, director of the Department of Tourism. The committee in its report a few days ago pointed out the shortcomings of the resort. According to the Himalayan Times news, during the investigation, the committee found that the resort was not following security measures and was providing substandard services to its guests.